Dear MPJ Express Community,
We are pleased to announce the next beta release (0.41) of the MPJ Express software. This release introduces a new communication device called native device.The goal of the native communication device is to interface the MPJ Express software with native MPI libraries (MPICH, Open MPI or MS-MPI). In this setting the bulk of messaging logic is offloaded to the underlying MPI library. This is attractive because MPJ Express can exploit latest features, like support for new interconnects and e cient collective communication algorithms of the native MPI library.
This release also introduces support for MPJ Express Profiler. The Profiler generates profiles and traces of MPJ Express applications.
1. This release mainly introduces support for using a Native MPI Implementation from MPJ Express. We call this native device.
2. This release also introduces support for MPJ Express Profiler. The Profiler generates profiles and traces of MPJ Express applications. Currently the Profiler does not support native device.
3. Major changes: $MPJ_HOME/src/mpjdev is now abstract and provides two implementations i) javampjdev and ii) natmpjdev. Intracomm is now a wrapper class that either uses PureIntracomm (for pure Java devices) or NativeIntracomm (for native decive).
4. libnatmpjdev.so is a C JNI wrapper library to call native MPI library. The source code is placed in $MPJ_HOME/src/mpjdev/natmpjdev/lib
5. Some bug fixes in runtime.